Today i will be recommending my favourite YA and Middle grade Christmas books. Great for presents or getting into the Christmas spirit.
- My true love gave to me by multiple authors. (YA) It includes 12 great short stories by some of the best ya authors.
- Seven days of us by Francesca Hornak (YA) It’s Christmas, and the Birch family is gathering for the first time in years.Olivia, the eldest daughter, has returned from treating an epidemic abroad and must go into quarantine for seven days. Her mother has decided it’s the perfect opportunity to spend some ‘special time’ together. When no one can leave the house, seven days for the Birches feels like an eternity. Especially when they’re all harbouring secrets. One of whom is about to come knocking at their door…
- Let it snow by John Green , Maureen Johnson and Lauren Miracle (YA)
An ill-timed storm on Christmas Eve buries the residents of Gracetown under multiple feet of snow and causes chaos. One brave soul ventures out into the storm from her stranded train and sets off a chain of events that will change quite a few lives. Over the next three days one girl takes a risky shortcut with an adorable stranger, three friends set out to win a race to the Waffle House , and the fate of a teacup pig falls into the hands of a lovesick barista.
- What Light by Jay Asher Sierra’s family runs a Christmas tree farm in Oregon except every year they pack up and move to California to set up their Christmas tree lot for the season. So Sierra lives two lives and leaving one always means missing the other. Until this particular Christmas, when Sierra meets Caleb, and one life eclipses the other. By reputation, Caleb is not your perfect guy: years ago, he made an enormous mistake and has been paying for it ever since. But Sierra sees beyond Caleb’s past and becomes determined to help him find forgiveness and, maybe, redemption.
- A dog for Christmas by W Bruce Cameron (MG) When his girlfriend Amanda leaves him, Josh Michaels is broken-hearted and miserable at the thought of spending Christmas alone. A call from his neighbour out the blue, asking him to look after his dog Lucy, is the last thing he needs. But, like it or not, Lucy bounds into his life. And soon Josh realises that Lucy is not only energetic, but also very pregnant. He suddenly finds himself looking after five tiny puppies too. Josh heads down to the local animal shelter, seeking advice, where he meets the beautiful, headstrong Kerri, who works to find homes for abandoned dogs. As Christmas draws nearer, Josh can’t help but be won over by his new, unruly family, with their joyous, unconditional love – he also finds himself falling for Kerri.Soon Josh realises he wants to give these dogs a home, and not only for Christmas . . .
- The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher (MG) Story about a boy named William Trundle, and a dinosaur, the Christmasaurus. It’s about how they meet one Christmas Eve and have a magical adventure. It’s about friendship and families, sleigh bells and Santa, singing elves and flying reindeer, music and magic. It’s about discovering your heart’s true desire, and learning that the impossible might just be possible . . .
Thanks for reading and I hope this list has helped you this season!