My post today is Mums Recommendations of adult Christmas books she has read over the years either for yourselves to read, or buy for others.The top 4 are in order of how much she enjoyed them. The rest were all equal.
- All i want for Christmas by Amy Silver is Mums favourite book. Bea’s first Christmas with her baby son, and this year she’s determined to do everything right. But there is still so much to do: the Christmas menu needs refining; her café needs decorating; and she’s invited the whole neighbourhood to a party on Christmas Day. She really doesn’t have time to get involved in two new people’s lives, let alone fall in love… When Olivia gets knocked over in the street, Bea can’t help bringing her into cafe and getting to know her. Olivia’s life is even more hectic than her own, and with her fiancé’s entire family over from Ireland for Christmas, she shouldn’t be lingering in the cosy warmth of Bea’s café. Chloe, on the other hand, has nowhere else to go. Her affair with a married man has alienated her friends, and left her lonelier than ever.But Christmas is a magical time, and in the fragrant atmosphere of The Honey Pot, anything can happen: new friends can be made, hearts can heal, and romance can finally blossom…
- The Charm Bracelet by Melissa Hill : Mum really enjoyed this book as the story was unique and had short chapters. she read it really quickly which isnt normal for her.Holly O’Neill knows that every charm bracelet tells a story.Many years ago she was sent one with just a single charm attached. The charms have been appearing ever since, often at challenging times, as if her mysterious benefactor knows exactly when she needs a little magic in her life.As a result, Holly’s bracelet is her most prized possession. So when she finds someone else’s charm bracelet, she feels she has to try to reunite it with its owner. Even if the only clues she has to follow are the charms themselves.On a search that will take her all over New York City at Christmas, Holly becomes ever more determined to piece together the details of this other charmed life. But what she doesn’t know is that her quest may also lead her somewhere she never expected …
- Calling Mrs Christmas by Carole Matthews : Cassie Smith has been out of work for a while but she has an idea. Drawing on her love of Christmas, she begins charging for small things: wrapping presents; writing cards; tree-decorating. She’s soon in huge demand and Cassie’s business, Calling Mrs Christmas, is born. Carter Randall wants to make Christmas special for his children, so he enlists Cassie’s help, and his lavish requests start taking up all her time. Thank goodness she can rely on her loving partner Jim to handle the rest of her clients. When millionaire Carter asks Cassie to join his family on a trip to Lapland, she knows she shouldn’t go . .Suddenly Cassie finds herself facing a heart-breaking choice that could change her entire life.
- A very Vintage Christmas by Tilly Tennant
- Christmas Day at the office by Matt Dunn she found very funny.
- The Chocolate lovers by Carole Matthews is part of a series however mum hasn’t read them all and they can be read as standalone’s.
- Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan is also part of a set which can be read alone.
- Home for Winter by Rebecca Boxhill
- Christmas in New York by Melissa Hill
- Wrapped up in You by Carole Matthews.